Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Minding my own (business)

I am a mommy and a teacher at heart. This gives me three really important ?gifts?
1. I am really (good at faking) patient.
2. I can multi-task with the best of 'em.
3. I want to mama everyone.

It is really the last one that gets me in trouble. I have this need to fix things for people. Even if the things are out of reach of my fixin', need to be fixed by the person themself (even if they would be happy for me to take over,) or are just flat out none of my business. And even if the item at hand is none of my business...I generally have an opinion, especially if it is someone important to me and I KNOW I AM RIGHT!!!

So there is a person right now that I love that is making a tough decision. I am not talking about which socks go with those shoes. I mean one of those life-altering, forever changing, once you made it you can't go back kinda deals.

Technically it is none of my concern. But as a person who is almost 30 and is still going to school because I changed my mind about what I want to be when I grow up, I want her to avoid those kind of errors in judgement. I want her to make this decision based on what is best in the long run, not what is easiest right now. Because, as some of you know, you just can't go back to certain parts of your life and take a do-over. Especially after the majority of your choices turn from what will I do to what is best for me and all of the little people who depend on me.

I was blessed to work for a wonderful person a few years ago who gave me possibly the best advice of my life, applicable in almost every situation..."You can't always say everything you think." And right now I am trying to practice that preachin'. So I am turning it over to the One in charge, because I know she listens to Him too, and she is His business. Not mine.

But I do love her, and I am praying for her. Because I want her to be and do all that she is and never settle.

P.S. You know who you are....So now I guess my opinion is outta the bag...but you are always in my prayers!

No comments: