Thursday, September 4, 2008

Rain, Rain, Go Away (After 8 am!)

Rain Day! No School! Even though the kids think we hate weekends and holidays, and that we sleep at school, it's true. Teachers love the day off, too!

So here we are in our jammies. At 10 am. I woke up and turned on the weather this morning first thing to find out if it was worth the effort to straighten my hair this morning. I am so thankful that I found out before waking my kids-those extra 2 hours of silence were amazing.

I have a million things I need to be doing, such as laundry, cleaning bathrooms, making play dough for school, and getting ahead on my assignments for this sememster. I seriously need to go through the stacks of kid clothes and hang/price them for Duck Duck Goose. All of these "bonus" hours could really be productive. Could be....

But instead we ate banana pancakes. Don't get to make those on crazy school mornings. Now the boys are playing playstation, and I am watching "The View" and indulging in my facebook and blogging. I can't get over the new VP nominee, and the coverage is endless.

And nothing is getting done that needs to. But it will later. In just a few minutes I will get up and put on my superhero cape, and CLEANING MOM will step out of the closet (if you could walk in my closet.)


Right now, though, I am half browsing, half listening, and loving that Maddie is climbing all over me babbling in her new language. This found time will be precious if not productive.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Hope you have a great day!

Amber said...

Fun day! We couldn't go to school either. They had school, my roads are just flooded, so I can't get there. But, I'm not compaining. We had a good day here, too. But, no pancakes...just poptarts!